Chakras are ENERGY CENTRES located along the central axis of the body.
The 7 main Chakras:
1. BASE CHAKRA: located between the anus and genitals, in the centre of the pelvic floor.
2. SECOND CHAKRA: located above the pubic bone and below the navel.
3. SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA: located below the chest, on the upper part of the abdomen.
4. HEART CHAKRA: located in the centre of the chest.
5. THROAT CHAKRA: located in the throat area.
6. HIRD EYE CHAKRA: located in the centre of the forehead.
7. CROWN CHAKRA: located on the top of the head.
The chakra’s are like 7 hubs, which the mind can incarnate its presence in the body.
Each chakra represents specific vibrations that manifest in different ways, such as colour, relevant organs, emotions and psychological tendencies.
Chakras should be looked upon as a reflection of our psych within the body. Therefore, when we want to balance a chakra, we should first look at the psychological attitude which is relevant to that particular centre. For example, self-esteem is reflected through the SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA and fear is related to the BASE CHAKRA. Love issues are represented through the HEART CHAKRA and expression or communication through the THROAT CHAKRA.
It is possible and very important to balance the CHAKRA itself with no connection to the related psychological imbalance.
For that, you need to bring your awareness to each CHAKRA and just be present with it. You need to wait patiently until you feel a sense of well-being and harmony manifesting in that region.
You can start ‘CHAKRA balancing’ from the BASE CHAKRA and then move through each CHAKRA, working your way upwards to the CROWN CHAKRA.
It is important to practice ‘CHAKRA balancing’ on a daily basis – make it a habit – just like brushing your teeth!
With much Love and blessings on your practice…
Click here for Chakra Healing Meditation CDs ‘on offer’
Click here for Yoga Holidays and Retreats